Saturday, July 16, 2016

Vacationing with Little People



 


My how “vacations” have changed now that we have not one, not two, but three little, dependent people with us.  My husband and I sometimes reflect and imagine where life would be if we would have chosen not to have children or not been blessed to do so. I think sometimes it would have been so much fun and I’m sure I would have accomplished many goals and be well traveled but it would be very sad for the most part. They bring unbelievable joy to our lives and my husband says I was MEANT to be a mom.  “How poor is the person who only has money.” The Holidays are the absolute best because getting a diamond bracelet is great but have you ever seen three little kids faces on Christmas morning that you brought into the world? I also like to think about how I have three people to take care of me one day when I need the favor returned and I also hear that having grandkids is even better than having kids.

So, it brings me to our most recent vacation. We never could have survived without my parents. Well, we could have but it wouldn’t have been near as fun. Patrick and I found ourselves one day sitting at the bar, talking to the bartender and enjoying fruity drinks. He said on the way home how that moment stood out and it reminded him of our honeymoon in Jamaica. We are so blessed to have a lot of helping hands with family on both sides.

My kids are hilarious. Cecilia doesn’t meet a stranger and I was asked if her name was Ariel (The Little Mermaid) because she was telling little girls and their moms that was her name. She is a total fish and has been swimming across a pool since she was 2. She can hold her breath so long under water that you start to panic. We took her to a mermaid show and I legit want to move to the beach so she can get a job as one. Whit is my oldest and he is a loner. The kid will play on the sand and build all day but don’t come near him or mess with his sandcastles. We all think he will be an architect one day and he can design our retirement home. Brandon is the baby and he is just that..a big, very BIG baby. He is so handsome and sweet but loves Mommy and loves Mommy to carry his big behind around all day. He will enjoy the beach more next year when he is older but he did start jumping into the pool on his own which was cool.

We had an incredible time but it is always good to be home. I look at their little faces and they have no idea how blessed they are….and neither do we.

Xoxo,

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment