Monday, July 11, 2016

I'm only "HALF" crazy!

Good Monday Morning to you ladies (& gentlemen out there if there are any)! I apologize for my silence last Monday as I was on vacation in Boone, NC with my parents, husband, and lots of pups. I hope you all had a wonderful & safe 4th of July.

This post is going to be real thoughts that are going on in my head about running a half marathon in a little less than 7 weeks. I set out to do accomplish this mainly because of some personal things I was struggling with. I have always wanted to push myself to do something like this. This training is real. Lots of running, lots of mileage. So let's get into it shall we?!

[1] I. Am. Terrified. We drove the course while we were in Boone & y'all the first 6 miles are up hill as well as the LAST MILE. Who made this course?! Looks like I will be increasing that incline on the treadmill over the next 7 weeks.


[2] Some days I HATE running. Truth! When I see have a certain amount to get done, I dread it. I live in Austin, TX and y'all it is HOT. I have to run outside a few days a week just so I can keep up my heat tolerance. It ain't pretty. Just call me tomato face.


[3] I am not fast. This race isn't about me finishing a sub 2 hours. It is for completion. This is a total MENTAL game I am playing with myself. My accomplishment is to finish. That's it. 13.1 is a long way y'all.

[4] I apparently have the worst sub-conscience ever. My nightmares have already begun. My first nightmare was that I was running barefoot, I was late to the race start and was dead last the whole way, and I didn't follow the course. Like really?! Get outta here with all that craziness. [Side note: I also had horrible nightmares while wedding planning....I guess it is something I will always have leading up to a big event.]

[5] The REALEST of them all...the dang devil. I have questioned myself several times, WHY did I sign up for this?! I shouldn't be doing this! I will never be ready. I'm going to get tired. What if I don't finish. Y'all....I am telling you...when you are tired, the devil will come in and he will try to wreck you. Ain't. Happenin.
 

[6] To all my friends who see my running posts, I am sorry. No, really. I am. You can slap me later.


I've got 8 miles to conquer today that I should have done yesterday but after being in the car 2 days traveling back from NC...it just wasn't happening. Happy Monday y'all!

xoxo,
Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment