Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Online Grocery Shopping

So about this time last year (maybe a little earlier) after I had my second baby I soon discovered online grocery shopping. Whoever created this should get an award...seriously. 

For those of you who do not know, Harris Teeter (and now some Walmarts) offer online grocery shopping.  Now I know what some of you are thinking..."What about produce? I like to pick my own produce" In my experience, I haven't gotten one bad product pick and if there aren't any good choices they won't put in your bag. 
 
So here's how it works...you go to Harris Teeter website. You can click through the sales flyer, search by item or by category and simply add to your cart. You can also include special instructions like (I really want ripe bananas)You can also save some items as your favorites like eggs, bread, milk so they are easier to add for your next trip. When you're finished you review your cart, select a date and pick up time and you're done! It's that easy :) 

Some of the perks I have noticed....first and foremost. CONVENIENCE. With our busy schedule the convenience alone is worth it. Second, they up sell. For example, let's say you ordered store brand bread. If they don't have it they will give you the Sara Lee or up sell brand at the same price! Another example...I selected just some regular avocados. They said they didn't like any of the regular ones so they gave me organic ones at the same price. Third...it makes you stick to your list (saving you money). If you're like me I tend to wander in the store thinking..."oh yea...I need that....or yeah I can use that" when in reality I don't. 

As far as cost goes...your first visit is free. You can then pay $17 a month or $100 for a year or $5 for each visit. I usually pay by month because we don't us it heavily during the summer. 

For this busy mama...online grocery shopping is a must and has saved us a lot of time and $! 

Happy Shopping!

xoxox
Katherine 

No comments:

Post a Comment