Saturday, July 2, 2016

Motivation


Having babies is a lot of up and down weight gain, especially if you are like me and have had kids close together.  My husband has pretty much kept me barefoot and pregnant since we wed so I’m finally at a place where I know I can have some consistency. I love working out and have always liked getting physical so that helps but you definitely get bored with the same old work out routines.

I enjoy running and I’m actually not bad at all. To keep me motivated to run all those miles per week has been some good music and signing up for races as of lately, not to mention bikini season.  But, I also feel that weight lifting is overlooked for women and is very good for our bodies.  I’m not into those buff women bods and don’t strive for that but toning and strength training is important.

I used to only do those workout classes at the gym and some of them are really great but I also felt I wasn’t getting a workout fit for me and I wasn’t getting results fast enough. I unfortunately have zero patience for getting what I want! I started doing my own thing and every day for me at the gym is a little different.

I think I’ve come to realize that no one’s workout routine is going to look like someone else’s and you have to listen to your body and always switch up your routine so your body does not get used to the same movements.  I’m such a work in progress but I think the most important thing for me to remember is that I workout for my health and to promote physical activity to my little ones so they will always maintain a healthy mind and body.  And, my kids thought I was pretty cool that mommy got a trophy in a race the other weekend at the beach. That is all the motivation I need I guess.



Xoxo,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment