Friday, July 15, 2016

Pallet Art

 Pinterest at its Finest! 

I'm sorry about the late post but better late than never. We ended up doing this project late last night and thought I would share. I saw this pallet art on Pinterest a few weeks ago and knew we had to replicate it for our American Cookout this weekend. We were able to snag a pallet from the recycling center at our apartment and I went to Home Depot and purchased 3 samples of paint. The nice man at the paint counter helped me pick out the colors. The red is called No More Drama...I don't know what it is about paint and nail polish but I'm always a sucker for a good name. 


My husband and I painted using sponge brushes. It was easier and quicker for me to pour the paint on and then spread it around. It only took us about 30 minutes to paint the pallet. Then we brainstormed about how we were going to paint the stars. Daniel thought we should paint the blue area with white first, then place star stickers down, paint the blue and then remove the stickers. Too many steps for me. I had star cookie cutters that we were going to trace and then paint but he decided the stars were not "American' enough and preferred straight edges and pointy stars.


So, we went downstairs to the business center and printed out stars that he liked. I made sure we found stars that had a few in a line to make the process of painting easier. Daniel took an exacto knife and created a stencil out of a cereal box. We let the paint dry over night and will paint the stars today. Stay tuned for next week to see the final project!

XoXo Lauren

3 comments:

  1. Hi all! This couldn't be a more appropriate post today since it's G'ma Sally's b'day. She loves the American Flag and this is such a cute idea! Loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you have a blog!! Cute project :)

    Xo, Brianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and it looks great! Many years ago, I stenciled a garden scene on a pallet and stood it in the back yard and loved it.

    ReplyDelete