Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Stage 5 Clinger!

Hey everyone! We've got a stage 5 clinger at our house right now and let me tell you...the struggle is real! 

Our sweet Caleb is right at the beginning of the separation anxiety phase. It's a phase I remember well with our first so I knew somewhat to expect but he takes it to a whole new level. We're talking about screaming with big ol' crocodile tears just when I (or daddy) leave the room! Luckily, he doesn't give any problems at bedtime (probably exhausted from his crying during the day) so we count our blessing there. 

Most of the day he does really well playing on his own or with his brother, but goes through spurts where if he doesn't see you he will let you know. On top of that his older brother sees me holding him and soon follow suits wanting mommy's attention as well. Most of the time I can oblige and snuggle with them both but I know letting them be on their own encourages independence. 

By the end of the day you just want an hour of no screaming, tackling, jumping on you or being touched...period. I sometimes look forward going into the quiet office. 

I know what some of you're thinking..."They won't be like this forever" or "Soon they won't want anything to do with you" or "Don't wish this away" and yes those statements are all true but in the moment you're not thinking of that...you're thinking "What on earth can I do to make him happy?" or "Is it bedtime yet?" or in my case "I'm going to lose my mind...is it wine o'clock?"  Can I get an amen!?!

At the end of the day we are blessed with 2 fun, energetic, healthy, sweet boys and they are growing up fast! I'm going to try and enjoy these days where they want me before they quickly slip away. To all the mamas out there going through a similar stage try and keep perspective and a bottle of wine handy! 

xoxo
Katherine 

No comments:

Post a Comment