Friday, August 5, 2016

Adventures

These past two weeks seem almost like a blur to me because they have been so busy. Anyone else feel like time has been going especially fast lately? I doubt it will today, though, because I am watching a friend's little girl so that means I will care for 4 kids 5 and under. Deep breath.

Since my last post, I started a very part, part time job at Merle Norman. I literally only work a few days a month but just the days I've worked have been so much fun. I knew this would happen if I ever got a taste of working again. I really enjoy working but I also can't because of our lifestyle and the three kiddos, so I will just do my best to work when I can escape.

Also, I was on the radio this past week to promote my platform and journey to the Mrs. South Carolina Pageant. It is quickly approaching and my list of things to do to prepare is endless. I have a workshop all day tomorrow in Conover, NC and my husband said I should be excited but I'm a bit nervous. I worry how I will feel around all these absolutely stunning, successful ladies who have probably actually done a pageant or two in their lives besides my high school class rep days. I would totally be lying if I said I haven't attempted to social media stalk a few contestants and the previous winner. The previous winner was on the Bachelor, Bachelor Pad, and was on Inside Edition for multiple plastic surgeries to prepare for this pageant. She is adorable and made her own gown. Here goes nothing right, ha ha. I always keep on my shoulder that people remember how you left them feeling and to be genuine. I hold tight to that each day.

Patrick reminded me last night that I am on a budget when I go shopping for my evening gown, swimsuit, and interview outfit. I quickly responded with "The outfit does not make me hunny, I make the outfit!" He smiled and said that's why you should win. HA HA! He didn't say a number amount did he- HA!! If only that was the only expense that comes with it because that's not the half of it.

Anyways, I will definitely report back about the workshop. And besides all of this, my oldest starts kindergarten in a week and a half. Thankfully, the elementary school is in our neighborhood so I feel closer to him but I'm still a little emotional inside about this next step. I hopefully won't cry because I'm not a big crier but we will see.

That's about all that is on my mind at the moment. I will post my radio interview if anyone wants to listen! I really want a job on the radio. How fun would that be!!

http://www.wrhi.com/2016/08/8216-dana-hamilton-mrs-rock-hill-competes-this-fall-for-mrs-sc-126938

xoxo,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment