Monday, August 1, 2016

August is here!

Happy Monday friends! Just like that the month of August is upon us. I swear this summer is FLYING by. This month will be busy since I have a work trip at the end of the month along with my half marathon the day before my birthday. Last month of training will be crucial.

Today I thought I'd share with y'all some of my & my husband's favorite things to do around Austin since we have been here. There is still SO much to do so this is just a small sample!

I feel like the first thing people have asked us about what to do in Austin, I always resort to first asking, "Do you like brunch?" Um who doesn't? And then I tell them, go to Rainey Street and eat at Banger's. Banger's has an awesome brunch with so many tasty items, and I would be remiss not to mention how you NEED to get a man-mosa. If you don't know, just trust me on this one. Just ask my girlfriends if they enjoyed. ;) Oh, be sure to get a brat with kraut to start. They are delicious.


Secondly, you need to walk the river walk at Lady Bird Lake (aka Town Lake). It has awesome views of the city skyline and you can go pretty far. There are always lots of dogs, runners, walkers, bikers, tourists, etc. 


If you're looking for boots, be sure to hit up Allen's on South Congress. They have a huge selection and the boots are authentic. Cowboy boots are an investment piece; I can attest. But they had the best selection; hats too!! Check them out and be sure to check out all the other cool spots up and down South Congress. 

 [source]

Looking for something a little different? Check out The Whip In. This is probably one of my husband's favorite places. They are an Indian Fusion restaurant with a great bar/restaurant (craft beer & LOTS of wine) + small grocery. I have been introduced to 2 different wines there based on the recommendation of the bartender. They did not disappoint. They also have a slightly covered back patio with misting fans which is clutch in the TX heat.


Another great watering hole would have to be Jester King Brewery (& also a husband favorite) in the Hill Country. It is an awesome place. Their beers are very interesting & they use wild grown yeast. There are huge oaks around the property as well as an onsite pizza place that is FABULOUS! We'll be taking our friends Lauren & Daniel, in September, when they visit.


[source]

And lastly, if hiking is your thing, hit up Bull Creek District Park. It is the coolest place where the riverbed is limestone & the water has a greenish/blue hue. It is beautiful. We took Gopher one of the first weekends we were here and had a blast. 

 
 [source]
 
Hope y'all enjoyed this & if you're ever in Austin, be sure to hit us up!!

xoxo,
Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment