Sunday, October 2, 2016

Pageant World Recap

After my weekend competing at Mrs. South Carolina, I thought I would share my insight and experience behind the scenes! I can tell you a beauty pageant isn't about strictly beauty!!!! I did NOT win yet I won for swimsuit body and evening wear. So, you like my body but not me for the new Mrs. ha ha! Even one judge told me I need to be on tv and missed my calling and needed to chat w/ a judge in entertainment. Confusing ha! The judges said they knew at interviews who they wanted. I would say I have more of a stage presence than interviewing skills. I don't have an over the top, bubbly personality. That's just not who I am...sorry lol! My husband said I need a sad story or travel the world ha! I thought my interviews went smooth and easy but I felt basic!!!! My life is very cookie cutter and I love my life but when you share just about your local platform and being a homemaker married to her boyfriend since age 14 then you really aren't going to wow.
So that's my take on my personal challenge.
Now this pageant world!!!! These girls are all over the top to me hahaha! I don't want Cecilia doing this!!!!!! I'm glad I did because it was a challenge and interest to me and I will help and support Cecilia in anything but I'm not a huge fan! It's a lot of hair and makeup and money!! I couldn't bring myself to be that self centered! Most girls had a team and coach. And most have competed before and the top two winners had already competed in this actual pageant. So you are telling me you spent all this time and money twice!
I did my own makeup, wore the same earrings twice, one pair of shoes for everything, and my girl Tracey did not charge me to come do my hair for the day. Even some girls had their hair and makeup done for Friday events...umm really!? You can't do it yourself?? What happens when you have an appearance as Mrs. SC!???
I felt like Elle Woods in Legally Blonde. "I think she just woke up one day and said today I'm going to compete in a beauty pageant!" Basically!!!! Ha ha! The girls had these notebooks and were constantly studying. I would just look around like what are they studying ha!
I'm thankful for the friends and contacts I made and being able to show my love for the Boys & Girls Club!! I get to go see them in a few weeks! Glad to share with them that it's good to challenge yourself because you learn a lot about yourself in the process! I've never viewed myself as basic but now I realize I'm not nearly as over the top as I thought ha!!!! And I'm proud of that!

I'm so thankful for all the love and support! I'm ready to see what I do next but first I'm heading home for family movie night w/ pizza!!! Because I'm so basic HA HA and it makes me happy!!!!

Xoxo,
Queen D

No comments:

Post a Comment