Saturday, October 29, 2016

Working Mamas Vs. Stay at Home Moms

Hi friends! I've seen so many blogs/posts about this in the past. Each highlighting the pros and cons of each.

I was teaching 4th grade when I had our first baby. We had only been married about a year and a half when we were bringing home a tiny little human from the hospital. I had to finish out my school year (gosh I had the cutest class that year and I loved them and I loved my coworkers and principal!) so I was excited to finish out the year. That summer I was waking up all upset, though, after having spent the summer with Whit and thinking of daycare in Rock Hill while I was working in Chester.

Our plan was always for me to be a homemaker but it just happened a LOT sooner! Plus, we wanted our kids close in age and at 7 months old I was pregnant again!!! We also knew we wanted 3 or 4! Here we are 5 years later. Great decision and I never looked back!

(Funny Because it is True)

Lately I've worked a few days a month when I'm needed to help out somewhere and I LOVE it. But, I have to tell you...it is hard to coordinate everything just for me to peace out for a day. That right there concludes...YES what I do is very important and it has to be done and someone has to do it ALL!

This brings me to the working mamas verses the sahms. I can tell you that being a stay at home mom is hands down the BEST! I am SO thankful and blessed to be able to have that option and that we make that work for our family! It makes me appreciate my husband so much more that he wants that for me and he has never said "you need to work" or "what do you do all day" or "well it's my money." I've heard of other husbands saying that and Patrick knows better because he has had to take charge on days when I was feeling sick or at work on a Saturday. Plus, his mom was always a homemaker so he knows better than that HA!


I want to say HATS OFF to the working moms! All us stay at home moms can complain but NOPE. It is harder to work! I've got great girlfriends and I NEED and DESERVE my nights out but day to day...no, I want it to be ALL me! I LOVE IT! I love being a mom and if I were a little less high maintenance then I'd want more kids but that baby stage...it is rough y'all. Give me a 4 year old or older!

Staying home also makes our marriage and life in general so much easier and happier. It is never chaotic. When Patrick gets home the laundry basket is always empty, the dishes are always done, dinner is ready, kids have completed their homework and it is time to hang. Now some days he may have to help out but in general MOST days are like that because I get to only focus on our little fam!

This is just my take on someone who has seen both sides and done both.

Of course I have to throw in memes! I live for memes and it is the only reason I still have an Instagram account. I will be laughing so hard in bed and Patrick and I are such nerds showing each other funny ones we find and texting them to each other. Marry someone who has a weird, dirty sense of humor like you! :)

Hope everyone has a terrific rest of the weekend!

xoxo
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment