Monday, October 10, 2016

Make Up Brushes - How & When to Clean

Good Morning friends! It is COOL this morning in Texas and I have the sliding glass door open, a hot cup of coffee, and a SWEATSHIRT on. I was being a real pill this weekend and was so over the heat...even though it had cooled off to 80. I told B to ship me to the mountains as soon as possible. He just laughed at me because I am crazy. But really, I'm not. Girl needs her Fall weather. Anyways, I thought today I would share with y'all a little helper when it comes to cleaning your make up brushes.

Who hates it?? RAISE YOUR HAND. I know you do. Like seriously, it's so annoying and takes forever especially when you have oh say, a mess of 15 brushes that ALL need cleaning. Oh and don't forget your beauty blender. That little sponge holds everything. So, below is how I felt before I got my make up brush cleaning helper as I like to call it.


Bottom line, if you aren't cleaning your brushes, they are going to get filled with germs, oil, dead skin, etc etc and guess what ladies, that's what causes breakouts. Also, your brushes can't do the job they're supposed to if they are caked with other make up residue. I received this from my mom last year as a Christmas gift and I loooooove it. It makes cleaning your brushes so easy.

It has a "face" side and an "eye" side. I love that you can slide it on and rub your brushes clean on it. It also comes with a "towel hand" to help you squeeze those bristles & reshape for them to dry.


I use Dawn Ultra Dish washing Liquid to clean my brushes because I think it really helps to remove all the oils that your bristles hold on to. Sephora & Ulta also sell soaps you can use that are "brush cleaners," but I just use Dawn because it's gentle enough & a little goes a long way. Plus, you can't beat like $3 for this.


As far as cleaning my beauty blender, I will take a cup of hot water and the Dawn, and put my blender in it and squeeze a few times so it absorbs the hot soapy water. I will leave it either for a couple hours or overnight depending on when I do it. Y'all it is amazing to me how dirty that water gets with the foundation and concealer it holds. I will squeeze a few times while it's sitting in that soapy water. Once its been in there soaking, I will gently scrub it against the mit to really work out the rest of the makeup. Run it under warm water, squeeze until all the suds are gone, and then let it air dry.

For concealer and foundation brushes, at least once a week to prevent a buildup of product. And because these brushes are used on your face, the cleaner, the better. Brushes that are used around the eyes should be cleaned at least twice a month, while all others can be washed once a month. -Bobbi Brown

Hopefully these tips make cleaning your brushes easier, less stressful, and dreaded a tad less. It is a chore but to keep your brushes (& your face) in tip top shape, you have to clean 'em!!

Happy Monday Y'all!!

xoxo,
Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment