Friday, October 28, 2016

Fail Proof Fall Dinner!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

I am loving this cooler weather and fall flavors lately! Is Halloween really this weekend? I tried a recipe last weekend that Kris and I LOVED! It is not only tasty but has a beautiful mixture of fall colors. It was so easy but also looks fancy enough for entertaining. Kris actually found it on tip hero, it's called One-Pan Harvest Chicken.

Ingredients you will need is:
1. 2 honeycrisp or gala apples diced/cubed
2. 1 bag halved brussel sprouts
3. 1lb chicken thighs skin on
4. 1 cubed sweet potato
5. 3 shallots or half a yellow onion diced
6. 5 strips of bacon crumbled
* you will also need some spices and olive oil etc. Check out the full recipe here: http://tiphero.com/one-pan-harvest-chicken/



I lined a pan with foil, diced up the veggies, seasoned and drizzled with EVO and put it in the oven for 30 min with the chicken on top. Be sure not to skip the last step of broiling for a few min at the end to make the chicken crispy. 

Here is the finished product and was it GOOD! The sweet of the apples with the salt of the chicken and bacon was perfection! Not to mention I LOVE rosemary with chicken. Also I prefer my brussel sprouts crispy and not mushy so I left it in a tad longer, just depends on your preference. ENJOY and Happy Halloween! xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment