Monday, October 31, 2016

Beautycounter for Target: Cleansing Balm


Happy Halloween! I wanted to share with y'all a product that I picked up at Target and have been using for quite some time now. It is the Beautycounter for Target. If you don't know what Beautycounter is, it is a skincare & cosmetic line that uses only safe ingredients in their products.
The United States has not passed a major federal law to regulate the safety of ingredients used in personal care products since 1938. Over the past two decades, the European Union has banned more than 1,300 chemicals in the product formulas of personal care products and restricted the levels of over 250 more in such products. The United States has only partially banned 11 to date. -Beautycounter
To put it into perspective, these chemicals that are being put in soaps, cleansers, make up, etc are known to cause problems such as cancers or infertility. REAL STUFF LADIES!!

I will be the first to admit that I have not thrown out all my "bad makeup" or "soaps." But being knowledgeable about what we are putting on our skin & lips (hello lipstick + food = ingestion) is better for future purchases. I think what Beautycounter is doing is very cool.

They recently released a line to Target showcasing some of their skincare & a few beauty products. I have heard that if you do not take off your makeup prior to getting in the shower and washing your face, it's like getting in the shower with your clothes on & suds-ing up.


With that being said, I picked up the Cleansing Balm. It comes with a muslin cloth. Essentially, you take a little bit onto your fingers and rub all over your face. It literally melts off ALL your make up. Once I have loosened everything up, run the cloth under warm water and wipe my face and eyes down. Consider it a "pre-wash" if you will. I then follow up with my cleanser.

I will not lie and say this line isn't pricey; the cleansing balm has definitely won me over. But trying it through Target first has been a nice way to ease into it. You can check it out in your local Target or double check online to see which store may still have it in stock. You can also visit www.beautycounter.com to buy directly from their site & learn a bit more.

xoxo,
Haley


1 comment:

  1. Share great information about your blog , Blog really helpful for us . We read your blog , share most useful information in blog . Thanks for share your blog here .
    carpet cleaning in malibu

    ReplyDelete