Sunday, October 16, 2016

Fall Hair, Skinny Shaming, & My Only Beauty Hack

It's FALL y'all! Well some days and then some days I think it is still summer. So confusing in the South. Thursday I'm going to spice up my hair. I don't know what cut but I know I want lots of low lights.


Working a few days a month at a make-up, skin-care store has taught me tons about beauty and women. Yes I'm a woman so I should know but I have claimed before I think I have the attitude of a man sometimes. HA! Women don't spend enough time caring for themselves.

Your nightly routine is very important. Wendy Williams is my spirit animal...HOW YOU DOIN?!

And like she says, she wants to get home, take her wig off and moisturize. PLEASE MOISTURIZE.

So my beauty hack. My only advice that I give all women is VASELINE. Vaseline it all. Use it to take that difficult waterproof mascara off, put it on your lashes (yes girls are spending $150 every 3 months to make their lashes long), put it on your eye brows, put it on your feet and put some fuzzy socks on before bed. I will take anything that works that comes from the dollar tree. (I saved this from my snapchat today because you could actually see my lashes lol).


I added in the skinny shaming because most people won't read this blog unless they think it might be juicy. lol

I just wanted to share that it's very rude to skinny shame. I bring this up because it is just as offensive to comment that someone needs a donut (I actually ate the donut and it was delicious that the lady offered me! ; ) but not before I overheard her complaining she has no willpower and needs to get on a diet. So, you are insecure and you feel a need to backhandedly insult me. Insecurities are so loud friends and the lady was very kind other than that (in all honesty it didn't offend me much because I know what a healthy lifestyle I live!). I also hear oh you just wait until you have some kids and you won't look like this..gosh I want to punch you (yes these are legit comments I've had said to me). Umm I already have 3 kids. Well it is going to catch up to you....REALLY? I'm almost 30 and it is called lifestyle choices. So, I just want to say that it is not appropriate and it would be a huge insult if I made a comment to lay off the donuts! So lets all stop commenting on weight in general because in the end beauty is inward outward. And, lets get Vaseline because it is cheap and works HA HA!

Love,
Dana

4 comments:

  1. Proud of you Dana! God made everyone perfect in His eyes. Thank goodness we are all different on the inside and outside or what a boring world it would be! I agree, living a healthy lifestyle is key. Also, finding what makes you happy is a must. You look amazing and I'm definitely going to try the Vaseline trick!
    ~Amanda M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend! It's just nice having fellow women who build each other up and will workout w/ u ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the top pic for low lights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what Patrick said. He doesn't want it too dark.

    ReplyDelete