Tuesday, November 1, 2016

October was a Whirlwind

And just like that another month has flown by! At the end of September I found out I was being forced to go to Tampa for three weeks of training. I was extremely upset and frantic and had no idea how I could come up with a big enough milk supply, find clothes to wear since I have been working from home for 3 months, and trust Daniel to take care of SG all on his own.

October 3rd was Stella Grace's first and last day at daycare. We had a huge welcome from the lady working at the front and she was extremely helpful taking us back to the classroom and putting everything in its place. The teacher on the other hand was not very happy at all. We placed SG in a bean bag beside the other little girl, took a picture, gave her a big kiss and then headed to our cars. As soon as we step out into the parking lot I look at Daniel and he is a ball of emotions. He immediately regretted not going to look at daycare facilities with me. He said "if you are good I am good" and I am thinking "Why am I not crying?" & "Am I bad Mom?". I told him that it wasn't forever it was just until we came off of the waiting list somewhere else and maybe he felt that way because it was his first time ever seeing the place and I have been preparing for this morning since the day we brought her home from the hospital. About 10 minutes later, Daniel received a call from his friend Sean at church and he said, " Misty and I saw your picture on FB and just wanted to let you know that Misty would love to watch SG everyday. No pressure just wanted to offer." Of course he called me immediately and we discussed it and she started at Misty's house the next day. She is the one of the biggest reasons why the next three weeks I was not a nervous wreck.

October 5th at 4:00am I leave the house and head to Tampa for 3 days. At this point I have just enough milk to get through...SUCCESS! Training in Tampa went really well and I met the three new team members and I am so excited to split up some of the workload. Flew home for the weekend and then back out to Tampa on Monday morning. This was the big week of training and outings with the team. The week went really well until I walk into the airport Thursday night and realize I had left all of my milk in the freezer at work. I called my manager in a panic to see if she could drive it to the airport but she had already left the office. I didn't have enough time to Uber there and back to the airport. My manager called the office to see if anyone could bring it to me but no luck. When she called me back I could think clearly and I assured her NOT to mail it to me the next day and I would just bring it home the following week. The next week I fly back to Tampa to take all of my certification tests and complete my presentations and passed with flying colors. Then hopped on a flight back home for good...or so I thought.


Daniel and I decided to take a daytrip to Linville Falls to see all of the fall leaves and take Stella Grace on her very first hike. The park was packed and didn't really give us the chance to break away and enjoy the serenity of the woods so we hiked back down and drove around taking in the sights. We ate dinner at American Honor Ale House in Hickory. Their pumpkin beer was fantastic but everything else was too watered down. I had their hot chicken sandwich which was phenomenal. SG ate her first table food, Mac & Cheese. She loved every little bite! The last week of October I ended up spending two days in Charleston visiting clients. Besides making the clients happy the best part of the trip was eating dinner with my best friend, Emily Monsch, and hearing all about her travels while enjoying a delicious meal at Sermet on James Island. If you are familiar with JI this restaurant used to be named Heart. They are expanding the patio and creating an outdoor bar. I had mussels with a curry and garlic sauce which was fabulous and a house salad with yellow tomatoes (I usually despise tomatoes) and a yummy dressing. Then I went back to her house on Johns Island and got a tour of her beautiful new home.  I am really looking forward to going back and spending a weekend with her and Eric.


To finish off the month, Daniel and I had LifeGroup on Friday night at the Duzans. Trunk or Treat on Saturday at our church. We created a sea themed trunk based on Finding Nemo. Stella Grace was our inspiration as the baby seahorse. I was Dory and Daniel was Bruce the Shark. Then a Pumpkin Carving & Painting event for our apartment. Lastly, Stella Grace had her 6 month check up and she is 27.5 inches tall and 17lbs 12.5 oz. Her height puts her in the 92th percentile and weight has dropped down to 74th percentile. She had all of her immunizations and flu shot and we decided to stay in since she wasn't feeling too good. There is always next year for trick or treating :)

Now that the month is over ALL I can say is that I am so thankful to have such an amazing & supportive husband. He did a great job taking care of Stella Grace almost completely on his own. Waking up early to get her ready and take her and too and from Misty's house. Starting a new job and going through training as well. We had a rough month but we made it through and now we are both enjoying our jobs a lot more. We also have an amazing support system and we are so grateful that they are willing to watch SG and pray for us through this crazy thing...we call LIFE!

1 comment:

  1. Y'all had a rough one girl!!!! Geez! I think a night at Legal Remedy is in order! Pick a night ha ha!!!!

    ReplyDelete