Thursday, January 19, 2017

The New Year

"Really MOM...Its Cold!"

Our year is off to an ok start... Stella Grace had an infection around her eye the first week and had take antibiotics. There is nothing more pitiful than a sick baby. We also learned not to give her childrens tylenol for her fever because it hyped her up. She acted like she was "ALL JACKED UP ON MOUNTAIN DEW"- I couldn't resist referencing one of my favorite movie quotes. After about 24 hours of antibiotics everything had cleared up...thank goodness!

We had our first round of "wintery mix". We really just had a dusting of snow instead of the 5-8 inches they were predicting. Daniel and his best friend Phillip deciding to take off to the mountains to enjoy a day of snowboarding on that fresh powder. It was the most snow that Sugar Mountain had received in years and the slopes were packed after lunch so they ended up heading home early. While Daniel was gone for the day, Stella Grace and I just hung out and then I decided to take her outside for the obligatory photo in the snow. She was not amused and didn't even crack a smile. Either way it was still a great memory and I got some funny photos.

Last week she turned 9 months old and she is off to the races. She is constantly on the move and touching everything. She is standing up about 80% of the time whether its playing with her toys or using anything possible to pull up. It won't be long until she is walking without assistance and then running.

I wanted to share with you all my New Year's Resolutions even though its a few weeks late...

1. Lose 20 lbs this year and should be attainable by sticking to my goals of: 5 workouts a week and eating healthier. I'm a little obsessed with my FitBit that I received from my company for Christmas and have enjoyed tracking all of my goals. (Hopefully I can stick to it)

2. Complete 2 bible studies. I have 2 studies that I am currently involved in right now. My Sunday School class is reading The 5 Habits of Highly Missional People and Armor of God with a few girls from church. I've really enjoyed both so far and have been able to devote a couple hours a week digging deeper in the word.

3. Being Present. Instead of looking forward to the future and the next steps in life I really just want to enjoy this year with family, friends and our apartment community.

Cheers to a New Year!

-Stella-

No comments:

Post a Comment