Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Beach or Mountains?

Happy Hump Day! I know it's not my day to write but I missed my day yesterday...sorry :)

Over the long weekend I came across some pictures on facebook of some friends of mine who had gone skiing. They were great pics and looked like they were having fun but then it got me thinking of that question that gets asked a lot....if you had to pick...beach or mountains?

For me...it's a pretty easy answer...BEACH! Always...always beach but hey...I grew up in the lowcountry so can you blame me? Don't get me wrong..I LOVE the mountains...the cool air, beautiful scenery, etc. but if I HAD to pick on a dream vacation destination my first thoughts always go to warm sandy beaches. I mean how can you beat the sun, sand, cool water and a cool drink in your hand? Ahhh...can I go there now? Especially on a day like today where it is 80 degrees and sunny in JANUARY! I mean I know mother nature loves to throw us curve balls but come on...make up your mind already lady! Is it winter/spring/summer? But I digress...

As I was looking at those pictures over the weekend I was actually on my way to enjoy an afternoon walk on the beach! Such great weather this past weekend and we tried to take advantage. It's something about the salty air that does the soul good...it just does. Don't get me wrong, I can see the appeal of the mountains especially if you're athletic and enjoy skiing/snowboarding, etc. But for me, the beach will always be my happy place...no matter what mood I'm in...standing with my toes in the sand will instantly improve my mood :)

Ok I'm ready for summer now....can I get an amen? So, I now ask you...if you had to pick...beach or mountains?




xoxox
Katherine


No comments:

Post a Comment