Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Improvements

2016 was a very busy year (shock!). I feel as my boys get older they just get busier :) Can I get an amen?

I was fortunate enough to have a few weeks off of work during Christmas. My husband was also off of work during that time (yeah!!) and it really was nice to have us ALL home. (For those of you who know this is pretty rare) We were even able to get out on a few dates! Other than a very unfortunate timing stomach bug we all enjoyed some much needed down time filled with movies, popcorn, Christmas lights, parades, baking, time with family, and play dates with friends. Here are a few pics :)




Time with cousins! Aren't my nieces the cutest?


Christmas Eve Church Service
Happy New Year!
As I reflect on 2016 I remain in awe and humbled by the unnumbered blessings we have. We had a great year filled with lots of laughs, some tears, and lots of fun! We did have a fun year, but there are still several things I want to work on. I don't really like the word "resolutions". I don't know why it just seems to hold a negative connotation for me. Instead, I like to have "improvements" or a few things in my life to improve. Below is my list:

Read the Bible more: I know there are a lot of really good devotions out there but I sometimes get overwhelmed with the choices and so I decided to just spend time in the WORD to really help enrich my bible knowledge.

Learn to cut hair: Now...I know what you're thinking and no, I'm not enrolling in cosmetology school but....I am going to teach myself to cut my boys hair. Does anyone else have trouble finding the right place/person to cut your kids hair? I have gone to countless places and nobody really cuts it just the way I like it. I said to myself, "Self...why are you paying all this $ on haircuts you don't even like?" So...I went out and purchased some nice shears and clippers and am going to teach myself. I know it will take a few botched haircuts to get the hang of it but...let's face it...they're boys...they don't care :) Does anyone have any good youtube videos I can check out? Wish me luck on this one!

Focus on ME! One thing I came out of 2016 thinking was that I spent a lot of my time focusing on a lot of different things...the main things being my husband, my children, work, family, etc (not in any particular order). You know the one thing missing on that list...ME :) Now don't get me wrong I LOVE my family and LOVE being a wife, mom and homemaker and all that it entails but I found that I was starting to lose myself in it all. We just didn't stop...constantly busy and constantly focusing on making others happy. As selfish as it sounds I'm going to really work towards focusing more time on me and doing things that make me happy. It will be a delicate balance but am really going to try and make the effort.

Cut the SNACKS! Ya'll....what is it about snacking? Ugh...it gets me everyday! Especially at night! #struggleisreal I'm really going to work towards cutting out unhealthy snacks and try to either replace them with healthy ones or cut completely and replace with water. This will be a big struggle (pray for me!) Any tips?

Happy New Year!

xoxo
Katherine

2 comments:

  1. CUTTING HAIR?! Please document every trial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And if you want to drink more water...get the app "Water Minder"

    ReplyDelete