Saturday, January 14, 2017

7 Year Itch

Here we are. Days into the New Year. January is usually a slow and dark month for many. For life, I will have a bright light that shines through on this month because on January 23, 2010 I said I do! So, now, I always have a special weekend each January.

Often times you hear the phrase "The Seven Year Itch!" Well we are at the 7 year mark (crazy it has been that long! 15 years together!) but no itch here.  One of my friends told me last weekend that Patrick is too obsessed with me. Not possible! I want us to always be like teenagers with each other. Brandon grabbed two stuffed animals the other night and had them kissing and said Mommy and Daddy!! If that isn't how each child should view their parents and view marriage then I don't know!

I always say Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder (thank you preschool HAHA!). Well Patrick was gone a few days last week and it just made me appreciate him that much more. I can't do life without him. I think even without 3 kids, a house and a dog...I think I need him just for life in general. He is my sweatpants of life and always puts me first. Isn't that all women really want? We want the guy we love to show us love and attention (and help around the house!). It isn't hard!

So, I can't say we are taking some big trip or doing something absolutely amazing but I think we will have 24 hours alone and that is something to celebrate. We will probably do a great dinner and a movie. We will toast champagne and maybe go out for breakfast. We are simple but it never matters. We still have fun just being together. We laugh that we can't wait until he retires one day and we go eat at the IHOP and go visit our grandchildren and spend every day together. Goals! 10 year anniversary we must take an awesome trip!!
I love you P'Daddy!!!

xoxo,
Mrs. Hamilton ;)
Mrs. Rock Hill
Mrs. P'DADDY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment