Sunday, January 8, 2017

God Doesn't Make Mistakes





My kids may not have understood my need to play this song in the car! Ha Ha! I'm experiencing life as a single mom to 3 little ones for 5 days. Oddly enough I've had two other friends who had two nights alone and they have been in contact about the struggle being REAL.

I will say so far I'm very impressed with how I'm doing but I will say it is lonely. It is weird. I think if you are used to it then it is your normal but I've never even been away from Patrick for 5 days and we have been married 7 years this month.

So lets all take a moment to bow down to the single moms and dads and all those who have husbands in service. I literally praise you. I get the comment a lot...oh you are a supermom...I will say I'm striving for my A game because it is my personality but I am far from a super mom. I make mistakes daily but I do hold myself and children to high standards. But we can make mistakes, God doesn't.

We made it out the door, in the cold, to church this morning. We even started the morning with fun foods. I used to always document my fun foods for the kids and I did this morning and even started an album of ones I've done. Here is this mornings and a few of my favorites.




I clearly enjoy this and I hope it is something my kids will always remember from their childhood.

So we got a little bit of a disappointing snow storm yesterday but nonetheless we got to get out and play in it and I even braved taking my three to a Winthrop Basketball game. My hubby is having a grand time at the Clemson National Championship Game in Tampa. I hope he loves me for this lol. I'm SO happy for him but I just can't wait to kiss him all over. We need him!!

This morning at church was nice to have some quiet time and the sermon was great. Rev Rett talked about baptisms. We as Methodist believe in all baptisms. My three children were baptized very early on as infants...usually within 4-8 weeks old. I personally would prefer my child to baptized as early as possible in case of death (I know that is difficult to talk about.).

I, however, was 9 years old and I went (my little shy self) right up to the Preacher (Baptist) and told him I was ready to be baptized. It was my decision and I recall it very vividly. But today, we discussed how a baptism isn't a DECISION. It is God's and all God's. I may have RECOGNIZED that I was God's but my baptism was all His. Regardless if you are baptized as an infant or an adult, God does NOT make mistakes. You are His and you are surrendering to the Lord. Now, the time that you DECIDE and ACCEPT that is up to you. It can be in your confirmation or dedication to fulfill your duties as a child of God. I believe as a parent, I also baptize my child after birth to yet again illustrate this is GOD'S CHILD and God simply blessed me with the child to care for on Earth.

I'm sure my words are not perfect in describing this for all of the Methodist church but it is where my thoughts are right now. I just enjoyed listening to Rett because it is a topic that comes up at times for those who don't quite understand how you can believe in infant baptisms and also recognize adult baptisms. Some think a person should DECIDE to be baptized. You don't decide. You are God's so you aren't all of a sudden deciding to be His. The most important fact is that you are baptized before the end of your life. You are God's child and the only thing you can DECIDE is if you will be a disciple of Christ and walk the path he has paved for you.

I guess I needed some adult conversations and thoughts apart from kid stuff.

Anyways, my Harris Teeter fast lane groceries are being worked on and it might be a jammies and movie kind of night before we start another week.

Hope everyone has a fun week! Go Tigers!! I have a good feeling they are going to bring it home!
Love,
Dana


No comments:

Post a Comment