Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New Year, New Me, New Last Name!



As we all look forward to a new year I can't help but look back on the last 12 months and how busy of a year it was! I moved twice within my own city, met the love of my life and best friend, took on two senior living communities in my job, got certified in LSVT BIG, traveled to Austin, TX/Florida and MANY mountain weekends, got engaged, came out OK from hurricane Matthew and somehow have made a good dent in wedding planning all while attempting to keep up with all the other things in life ;) There are a few things that come to mind looking forward that I would like to do more of/or better for this upcoming year!
1. Read more! I have so many books I've started or wanted to start and just don't make time for myself on a daily basis to do this. I get busy with work or wedding planning or really anything and this hobby tends to come last!
2. Paint/distress furniture. I got an Annie Sloan starter kit for my birthday and LOVE the look of distressed furniture even bought a few project pieces.....now if I could dedicate some time to explore this new hobby I am certain I will LOVE it.
3. Manage stress better. This is a BIG one for me! I tend to be a perfectionist and get upset when things do not work out right. Shockingly so far I have not felt this way about wedding planning though there is a lot of time left not to mention the day of. I want to start thinking more positively and less worrisome and learn to go with the flow just a little more. I know I am not alone on this one but gosh its so frustrating when you work so hard and plans dont work out lol! I want to get back into using exercise as my stress reliever because I truly feel better afterwards.

2017 is going to be a big year around here! Four short months and not only will we be 1/3 through the new year but I will have a new last name and on my new adventure as MRS. O'BARR. I am so looking forward to not only the big day in April but spending time with all my closest girlfriends in March to do some celebrating! So here's to a new year, a less stressed me, more hobbies, and a new last name!




2 comments: