Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Watch out Joanna Gaines!

Along with the rest of the country I had not heard of shiplap before Chip and Jo came into the picture! Of course, I LOVED the look of it and always wanted to add it to our house. I'm no interior decorator or anything but I love the character it adds. I mean Chip and Jo can do no wrong...Am I right??

We have been in our house almost 3 years and I have loved decorating but it has been a SLOW process to say the least. By the rate we're going I'll have our house where I want in by the time I'm 50! There were 2 spots I wanted to add the shiplap. The first was an accent wall leading up to our stairwell and the second was our entry way nook that has a bench. We really do use this space so I knew I'd enjoy it here the most :)

Normally, we try to do our home projects ourselves but this was a pretty big project so we brought in the experts! I am so excited with the way it came out! Check out the before and after...

Before...

After..

Before...

After...even added in a shelf! 

Now...onto decorating. Anybody have some good tips on how to decorate a ship lap wall? 

xoxo
Katherine

1 comment:

  1. I would add in some tri-hooks under that shelf so everything hangs nice and neat. :)

    ReplyDelete