Monday, September 26, 2016

Oceans Deep.

Happy Monday morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was filled with a birthday party & then the effects of Texas Ragweed. B has been a coughing, sneezing, scratchy throat, sore throat mess & he is actually home from work today. Me -- not as bad but still annoyed with a scratchy throat myself. We are going on week 2 of this. Blah.

Anyways, today I thought I'd share with y'all some thoughts I had over the weekend & have just been resonating in my head. Let me preface this with saying that I have zero background in ministry but have just gathered my thoughts all here. If you are friends with me on Facebook then you probably already saw this quote. I was reading a blog end of last week where a lady said:
Only open hands can receive from the Lord, not clenched ones.
Y'all, when I read that, that was God talking DIRECTLY to me. I promise you. How many times do we pray and we are so angry with the answer that God has given us or not given us for that matter? [Raising my hand right now.] It seems so simple right? For example: If someone wanted to share a piece of cookie with you, how do you receive it? You open your hand. So just as God wants to share with us certain things & even though we may not be happy with what He is trying to share, we should still open our hands to Him to receive.

 via

Another branch off of this is, are we tolerating what God is "not giving us" or are we still thanking Him for what He has? Um, guilty as charged. I have certainly been tolerating what I have not yet received from God when I should be thanking Him EVERY. DAY. for what He has given and this season of life that I am in.
We rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope. Romans 5:3-4
And if not, He is still good. Daniel 3:18
And then God, like God always does, He drops, what B and I like to call, a "truth bomb." It's very similar to a mic drop if you will. I was in my bathroom getting ready for the day on Friday listening to the Hillsong United Pandora station, and the song 'Oceans' comes on. And just like that, God grabbed my attention right back. If you haven't listened to it, I am putting it below. It. is. awesome. And it all goes hand in hand with everything I blabbered about above. The song gives me chills & it has been in my head all weekend. It is a long song but I encourage you to listen to it when you have a chance.


I hope y'all have a fabulous week and enjoyed the post today.

xoxo,
Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment