Tuesday, September 6, 2016

I'm done adulting

Today was one of those days that I just didn't want to adult. I don't know if it was just coming off a long weekend or what...but it was a struggle.

Nothing like a huge workload to welcome you come back from a long weekend. What is it about long weekends? You almost need an extra day to recover from the holiday? Am I right?

Lately, I have been playing the phrase "It's always something..." continuously through my head. Because let's face...it really is always something. For us it has been sickness, a busted fridge, car issues, insurance changes, dr's appointments and not mention daily craziness of working full time and raising 2 very busy boys.

I'm not trying to whine or complain. I know that my family and I are extremely blessed and the Lord has been good to us. Today was just one of those days where I just wasn't ready to "adult". I think we should all be allowed one non-adult day...who's with me? In the meantime, guess a glass or 2 of wine will help me along the way :)

So excuse me while I go submit my online grocery shopping, empty diaper pails and make lunches!


1 comment: