Sunday, March 12, 2017

We Don't EVEN Like Nick

Even if you don't watch The Bachelor, you can still appreciate this post.
I first started watching The Bachelorette my freshman year of college on my dorm hall. Lauren, a member of this blog, watched it with me...I believe that was Trista's season. Years later, we are now members of a fantasy league that includes friends from college and even some husbands!! Yes, there is a fantasy league and I'm winning right now so here is your run down!

Hints the title of this post is We Don't EVEN Like Nick because I had to chose a name to join and like most women, I was very disappointed in ABC's choice! A quick run down: Nick was on two seasons of the Bachelorette and on Bachelor in Paradise. He has been hit by the Hollywood Bug and if his chosen lady (I think Vanessa) thinks he wants to settle down then she will sadly be mistaken because he isn't going to be marriage material and he isn't going to move to Canada.

Nick is an attractive guy (especially with his shirt off) but the moment he talks he loses it all and those turtlenecks...nah man!

Before I dig into the final two, can I just say I think the newest Bachelorette for next season is adorable and genuine.

Rachel Lindsay is a lawyer and her father is a Judge. I wouldn't expect much excitement on her season because if she ever wants to continue her career then she needs to play it safe. And can we be honest, I don't tune in for that. I'm also concerned about her judgement. Did she really think she and Nick were falling in love? I am very observant and I never saw it. When she told him she loved him she laughed and acted awkward. If I'm going to tell a man I love him then I'm going to say it serious and I MEAN it. In this situation the guy usually doesn't say it back because he is dating other women (I know it is insane) but I'd own it and if he didn't chose me then at least I'd have no regrets because I know how I feel for someone.

But, Corinne would have been my choice. She is bad and boujee. Surprise me, Rachel, because right now I think many will tune in for episode one and then the ratings will drop.

Speaking of Corinne! Can we get more Corinne soon? Did I hear that she was going to be on Bachelor in Paradise or did I make that up? Corinne was a bit crazy but she won me over in the end.

The girls were very jelly over her because she did her thing and didn't care what anyone thought which to me is very endearing. You would have expected that on the reunion the girls would have gone after her but it was actually Taylor.

This little breath of fresh air Taylor was NASTY! She told Corinne "I would not be friends with you" and "You are NOT intelligent." Could you imagine ever telling another woman that? It takes a crap person to say something like that and she got what was coming to her on the reunion show. The other ladies confirmed my thoughts of her by saying she was a snob in the house and apparently now her career is suffering after the show. It doesn't pay to be a mean girl. She spent most of her alone time with Nick discussing Corinne so no wonder he sent her home instead of Corinne. No one likes a negative Nancy! Girl bye!

Final two! Tomorrow night!

Raven-bless her heart! She is a southern belle but not good for Nick! She would be a fun chick to hang out with, though!

My pick is Vanessa!

Vanessa is communicative and beautiful and a whole package. She is too good for Nick. He needs someone like her who will challenge him and call him out on his crap, though. She is like me...a ride or die chick but we have questions....where are we going? How will we get there? What will we do when we get there? She loves her family and is a special education teacher. Her students love her and kids don't lie y'all!! I guess we will see tomorrow night!

Time to get ready for a another week over here! Peace!

-Dana

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the read - but you know I know nothing about these shows! Isn't basketball on that same night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Patrick, Daniel and Phillip all watch it and are apart of our Fantasy League so I guess they skip basketball that night! Ha!!

      Delete