Friday, March 10, 2017

Girl Time & Spinach Dip

I'm still trying to make my way back to reality after having one of the best weeks of my life! I had three huge sales close, my husband got a new job at Coca-Cola, and I spent a fabulous weekend in the mountains with my college girlfriends. Luckily its Friday and the weekend is only 8 hours away!
Before dinner at Sierra Nevada Brewery

My take aways from a weekend away with the girls are:

- Its time to buy new towels because I was in love with the think ones from Restoration Hardware
- I love rosé!
- Sierra Nevada Brewery blew my mind at how massive it was! Next day trip with the Hubs
- We must have a girls trip at least once year or as my SIL would say Annually- every year ;)
- Dance like no one is watching & laugh even though you might have tinkled a little in your pants

I'm so thrilled that I was able to be apart of a weekend to celebrate our girl Alison Shaw. I can't wait until I am back around all of the girls in just a few short weeks for the Oyster Roast Bridal Shower in Charleston, South Carolina!! And of course meet the GROOM!

Now for a little something to share with all of the followers. I'm ready to share my infamous Spinach Dip recipe! You know its good when people are making bets with it as the prize :)

Stella's Spinach Dip:

Ingredients- butter, yellow onion, chopped spinach, marinated artichoke hearts, red pepper flakes, cream cheese, sour cream, pepper jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper

When I do a big batch of spinach dip I have to use my wok or the largest pan I can find. This will feed about 10-15 people and if its the only appetizer about 6. You will start with butter or olive oil and you just need enough to saute the onion and have a little extra for the spinach. I like to make sure that onion is a little browned before I start adding the spinach. I usually use the frozen chopped spinach and let it sit out for about an hour before I cook it so it doesn't take as long to cook. Then I put tear apart the artichokes with my hand or chop and then throw them in. Typically I make this dip for Phillip Bradford so I only use 4oz jar & I have to make sure its really fine so he won't notice he is eating it. Once I have all of that warm I will put in about 3 tablespoons of red pepper flakes. I know this sounds like a lot but you still can't really taste it.

Next, I put in the 8 oz block of cream cheese and I let this sit out for about an hour before I throw it into the mix. I let this blend in with the spinach and then put in the 8oz of sour cream if its not creamy enough than I will add sour cream until its just a little runny. Remember this is a dip. Then I put in about 5 slices of pepper jack cheese & 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. You can always add more pepper jack if want more spice. Lastly, I put it in a nice serving bowl and top with salt and pepper and some Parmesan cheese. Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, warmed pita, crackers etc.

Enjoy!

<3 Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment