Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Say It Ain't So

This chunky monkey baby...

IS ABOUT TO BE SIX YEARS OLD!!!


I can't handle this as we just finished his homework of him writing sentences about historical figures while in kindergarten!

I talked to Haley & Lauren on the way home from Asheville how I will always cherish my simple, easy time of just having him. I became pregnant with Cecilia when Whit was about 7 months old so our time was short lived but it was VERY special.

He is the reason I started to stay home. If he wouldn't have been such a great baby then I probably wouldn't have three children all so close in age. He melts my heart. He is sweet but independent. He holds a lot of stress and anxiety for a six year old. None which is ever put on by Patrick and I but only by his personality. He is a perfectionist and he never wants to get into trouble. He is very sensitive and smart. He will be VERY successful one day in whatever he decides to do (we think an architect or engineer). He will need me to constantly remind him that it is OKAY and to help guide him to learn his own strengths and that it is fine if they are a little bit different. He will be my child that can go off to college or a party and I will not worry. (Now sister is another story ; )

I can't believe this baby that I would hang out in bed and kiss on ALL day long is now this child with his own personality and a whole new set of challenges for us as parents.

Patrick and I always laugh about us pulling into our driveway at our first home in Hidden Forest and we looked at each and said "they are letting us keep him!!" We were terrified 23 year olds.

I also remember being delusional tired and I was hitting my belly while sleeping (thinking I was burping Whit) and saying okay take the baby. Patrick said "no Dana...he is in his bassinet." I was trying so hard to be the absolute best mommy and to make sure I woke him every 3 hours to feed.

It seems like so long ago now but I still cherish that time so much. Life was simple. Life was different. He and I would go sit at the library for story time. He took infant swim lessons at the Baxter Y. We did cute little things but now we do them with just a little more EXCITEMENT!!



I swear you blink and miss it! We are planning for a cute birthday at Chuck E Cheeses this weekend with friends, family, and even classmates. He has also requested that I come read to his class next week and bring cookies/juice and we have a chick fila lunch together on his actual birthday!! HA! Fun birthday for sure. I'm glad to change it up from our usual trip to Great Wolfe Lodge.

Happy Birthday Sweet Whitlock!

You are VERY loved!!
XoXo,
Whit's Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment