Monday, November 28, 2016

I be up in the gym just workin' on my fitness. -Fergie

Happy Cyber Monday folks! Anybody do any Black Friday shopping or have done some shopping this morning for Cyber Monday? I picked up a few presents. Can't believe December will be here Thursday!! Who ate obnoxiously for Thanksgiving?? I am raising my hand. Thanksgiving day I ate a total of 3 pieces of pie. OWNING IT, y'all. I excused it since we ran the Turkey Trot (5 miles) here in in Austin Thanksgiving morning. SO many people but it was really cool running downtown.


I have recently started a new workout routine and that is with Camp Gladiator here in Austin. I was a bit skeptical at first and kept turning down my friend to go with her. I finally went one Saturday morning and was really impressed with the workouts. First, they are outside which I LOVE. Second, they are all over the city. Third, it is a group setting and you get to meet others ranging in all different fitness levels. Currently they are in Texas, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, and North Carolina. For the workouts, all you need is a mat, set of weights, and a water bottle. I have been going in the mornings & evenings a few times. I will tell you a 4:50am alarm is NOT fun but when your workout is done by 6:30am...that feels awesome. We all have the same 24hrs & we are ALL busy. #NoExcuses

We always start out with a good warm up which when working out by myself I am HORRIBLE about. Each week varies on what you are doing. Last week was endurance and agility (think speed work, quick feet, quick changes in direction....almost felt like a football camp but it was FUN). This week is HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). I can tell you that this workout group has made me do more burpees & push ups that I would ever care to do butttttt it hurts so good as I like to say.  I am not good when it comes to weight training because I don't know what I am doing half the time but this is a great way to get those weights in. I can do cardio on my own anytime.

Speaking of cardio (running), I am considering another half in January. I have the itch and it gives me such an adrenaline rush...just ask my husband, Rachel, or Alison....I BAWLED across the finish line for my first half. The emotions will take over, and you absolutely cannot control them. Maybe it was because it was my first?? Who cares! But boy do you feel good!

I also figured I would share some of my favorite workout clothes. One thing I know is that if I do not feel comfortable & unrestricted in my work out clothes then there is probably a 90% chance I will NOT work out. I swear by the Champion C9 high rise workout legging & capri. They come up high...like belly button high. But if I am going to be running around, doing burpees, or lifting my arms over my head, I want everything covered & sucked in. They are by far my FAVE pants. And then in the summer, Nike Tempos are my go to!!




And one last thing, our workout leader told me about this app called WaterMinder. If you have issues with getting your water intake in during the day...download it. It's $1.99. You add in all your criteria and it calculates how much you should be drinking. And it sends reminders to drink water if it has been awhile. 


Get active y'all! November & December are the worst months for caloric intake. Walk around your neighborhood, go up and down the stairs several of times to work up a sweat, jog, walk the dog, whatever feels comfortable. As Elle Woods once said, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy."

Have a great week, y'all!!

xoxo,
Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment