Sunday, November 13, 2016

Book Review & A Big Announcement



I love when I turn on my music to write my weekly blog. Yeah boy ; )

This week I got my book in the mail, "War Room." And like normal, I got invested and finished it in a few days.

I wouldn't say I'm a very religious person. I do my best to go to church each Sunday and stay involved in my church as well as give back to others. However, I've never felt I could completely relate to some ladies I've been around in some bible studies. I guess because I'm a little more spicy than sweet, haha! However, I never feel intimidated to share my religious journey or my thoughts about my faith because at the end of the day it is my faith and my relationship with God that I'm responsible for myself.

One of my dear friends is my Pastor's wife. She is one of the most amazing women I've ever met and not because she is a pastor's wife. She and I were discussing something the other day about being able to listen to other sermons and leaders and be able to form our own opinion of what we believe and what we are taking from it. I listen to other church's online. I won't share which ones but sometimes I am curious about other churches and definitely those with large masses. I think anyone who doesn't visit, study, or keep an open heart is missing out on the progression of their faith and misinformed that God only recognizes certain denominations, a certain path, or one type of Christian. It is extremely important to find an inviting and nurturing place of worship for YOUR family, though.

I've had quite the spiritual journey in different denominations and I took a lot of knowledge from each. I know my faith is still changing every day and it really is in God's hands. The person who is the most sure of everything is often the most ignorant.

War Room was a good read. I wouldn't say it was life changing to me. It was about a struggling marriage with the daily challenges of busy jobs, a child, and a large home. I definitely don't pray as I should. I have every intention but I don't spend the time I need to do that. The other day I was driving and something was really tugging at my heart. I spoke aloud in my car to God and that same day I received some closure. I know that was God. I know I need to do that more and God wants me to open up to him even though he knows my every thought.

This book spoke a lot about the power of prayer and praying for your family and even praying for your enemy. There is a movie made about this book and I'm looking forward to watching it with my book study group and also hearing their thoughts.





After all this election madness, I think we could all use some quiet time with our Savior.






But I probably should be a little kinder and not so spicy on my parent's answering machine!!! HA HA! I always leave them funny messages because they NEVER answer the phone. I left one today and my mom said DANA!!!! The painters were here and heard you! HA! Well, maybe I made them laugh and maybe they should answer the phone!

Anyways, the P-Hams have a big announcement coming soon! So stay tuned over the next few weeks!!

(Happy Birthday to Brandon!!!)

Hugs & Kisses,
Dana













2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to the Bible study thing. I'm always nervous to signup for one because I'm worried I'll be a little to saucy for the other ladies haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!!!! Glad I'm not alone in this! I think God loves us saucy women!

    ReplyDelete