Monday, November 14, 2016

Parties...and rushing Christmas.

Happy Monday everyone!! Has everyone recovered from the hysteria that was the elections? I had to stay off Facebook for the rest of the week just because it was too much. #Everyonehasopinions #Everyoneisapoliticalinsider

This week starts the busyness of the holiday season. I am a member of the Junior League of Austin and we put on "A Christmas Affair" every year. It is a HUGE holiday market and it does not disappoint. Seriously, they have bars placed through out so you can purchase a drink and shop. GENIUS on both ends. I mean, a mimosa in one hand and a credit card in the other....swipes easier than hot knife through butter. Sorry Brian!

They also have parties throughout the week. Brian and I are headed to the Date Night party on Friday night which is cocktail attire with a large silent auction, drinks, food, live band and a little shopping. Saturday I will do my part and volunteer with tickets. And maybe a little more shopping afterwards.

I can't believe Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK! We are doing Thanksgiving with our friends and I am super excited! The fooooooood!!!!! But y'all.....every year it goes by quicker and quicker and I feel like people are rushing passed Thanksgiving to hurry up and get to Christmas. NO MA'AM! Brian has been listening to Christmas music and has asked to put up our tree. Music, fine. In small doses. (If you are friends with me on Snapchat then you will have seen B last night washing dishes and listening to Christmas music. He just kills me. The man is Christmas obsessed.) Tree? NO! That thing doesn't go up until Black Friday. My rule. Y'all, they had a girl singing Christmas carols in my H-E-B (for all you East Coasters, that's our grocery store) on Saturday. I think my mouth dropped to the floor. Oh well. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas. REALLY love it. But I don't want to rush the other holidays away.

After Thanksgiving, I have some volunteer work with the League once again in our big event, Coats for Kids. Every year we gather/buy coats to distribute to those who need them. Get this....we give out over 35,000 COATS!!!!! This year I get to volunteer on distribution day which means I get to see all those sweet faces & help pick out their new winter coat. I CANNOT WAIT!!!! I know I'll have stories to share.


We are still giving out our Snack Packs and I still feel SO good getting to hand them out. It totally makes my day when I see someone & get to say "Hey! Here you go!!!" Now that it isn't so hot out, Brian and I each have a box of pre-packed snack packs so we can hand them out at a moment's notice. I surely didn't want my friends drinking HOT water so I am so happy it has cooled down! We were having to bring a few here and there in the car whenever we would leave and a lot of times we didn't see anyone because it was literally too hot for them to be out there. We are starting to see them more and more now.

That's it on my end. I hope everyone is ready for the holidays. Do you have your tree up? Or do you wait? What are your holiday traditions? What are your Thanksgiving must haves?! Do you black Friday shop?

xoxo,
Haley


No comments:

Post a Comment