Monday, November 21, 2016

The Derma Roller

Happy Monday! Have any of y'all heard of a derma roller? It apparently has been around for a little while. The idea behind the derma roller is that it is a handheld micro-needling device that helps with the stimulation of collagen growth. It is a little roller with tiny needles that you roll across a clean & sterilized face. It is important you are sterilizing your face and your roller (especially your roller afterwards) as it is making itty bitty holes in your skin and if it's not clean...girlfriend you WILL get an infection.


I tried it for the first time Saturday night. It really didn't hurt but afterwards when I put on my vitamin C serum, it was a bit uncomfortable. On Sunday morning when I got up, it felt okay. Honestly, it felt like my skin was tight like I had a sunburn but my skin felt VERY soft. Once you micro-needle and you add your serum/moisturizer, it allows for better penetration into your skin.

It also helps with any acne, scars, or fine lines you may have. The needles come in varying sizes. I started with a 0.25mm. If you roll different areas of your body, you can use bigger needles on the roller but it is important to start out small, especially for delicate skin on the face. I am anxious to see the effects it has on my face. Maybe if I'm brave I'll post before & afters sans make up? Mayyyybe.

I purchased mine on Amazon. I love that place; it has everything. Have any of you used a derma roller? I think R&F has one out now. Do you think I'm crazy? I probably am. Pain is beauty. But really it's not that bad!!

Hope y'all have a fabulous week!!

xoxo,
Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment