Saturday, May 6, 2017

May, Really?

Time escapes me. How is it May? In a matter of weeks my kids will all be out of school for summer and we will be busy with pool days, summer camps, beach trips, and a lot of outdoor meals!

We had the absolute best time with our crew in Charleston last weekend!!


I've met a lot of people after college and some I've kept around and can see the long term but they are few and far between. You have to be selective and find your ride or dies like these good folks, ha. I think as you mature you just really like quality and try to avoid the social climbers!

Speaking of climbing...I had my first camping outdoors experience. It wasn't anything to brag about. I think the fall would be better. But, look at me and CC doing our country girl thang!!

We've been busy w/ the kids a lot lately. Whit was terrific kid for the month of May!
These kids. They have been keeping me on my toes lately! They are STAGE FIVE CLINGERS. One of these gals on the blog was saying yesterday how hard it is to stay home with the kids. It definitely can be like that. I always think "Mama said there'd be days like these!" Not every day can be awesome. Some days are just days and some days you might want to lock yourself in your room.

I did get to have a very fun day yesterday! I got to meet the REAL DEAL Evander Holyfield and go to a Gala for the Boys & Girl's Club!

 My sweet MAMA

I never shared which long dress I chose. I went with Lavender....I can do black any time even though the black was killer. The lavender needed no alterations and us short girls almost always have to get alterations! Fit like a glove! I also saw a celebrity who had this AMAZING handbag. It was blinged out and had her married name on it. I looked it up and it was $4,000!!!! I knew I wanted a little silver bag and needed one in general. I did a lot of research and literally told myself I had to spend only $25! Well that is HARD! I found an adorable silver with a tassel from target and got it shipped for $14 and got my name on it! See below!

I thought I did pretty good for a quick find! She can have her $4,000 bag! Even if I could get a bag that costly, I would never do it. I'd feel too guilty. There are way more important things I could do with that money and PLENTY of people you could help instead of a bag. I always feel that I'd be that celebrity in the bargain dresses to help out my regular sisters but you'd read about my charities. At least I'd hope I'd be that way!

I ramble. I need to go get a few things done! Everyone have a blessed week!!!

xoxo,
dana







No comments:

Post a Comment