Friday, May 12, 2017

Ain't No HOOD like MotherHOOD

At the young age of 23 I found myself expecting my first little one. I lost that baby. I wanted to be a wife and mother my whole life and knew I would be at a young age. Looking back now, I was too young. I pray my daughter will not have kids that soon.



Being a mom is tough. It is amazing. It is fun. It is the circle of life and I am beyond blessed and thankful for three precious, healthy little ones.



But real talk, I have my days when I wonder what other paths would be like and then I take one glimpse into those big blue, big green, or big brown eyes and I know I'm right where I'm supposed to be!!



I've learned a lot in a short amount of time. I can tell you one thing....mothering one child, even two is ENTIRELY different than mothering 3. Mothering 4 kids....I don't even know what to tell you besides I hope you have some good help sister!



I always think I'm not like regular moms...I'm a cool mom (what movie?). I think the fact that I'm more laid back helps out a lot. I definitely recommend to all my new mothers to find outlets. I'm not just talking about people. People can listen but you have to learn to express yourself outside of those little people who you absolutely adore.



I love to blog. I love to write. I love to be creative so I am currently typing this with a crown & sprite (brought to me by PDaddy) and listening to my favorite songs. It's my thing and I love to workout and run. That is my other escape. My mood differs when I don't let out that energy and it is in a way my therapy.



One of my biggest complaints about mothers is that they don't take time for themselves. For Mother's Day, I asked for a girls' night. I am heading to the Pump House Restaurant with two friends for a nice dinner tonight. Besides a little time away, I am just thankful for some handmade school cards which were hilarious. Did you know I am 155 years old?



I hope all the mother's have a blessed holiday! You only get one Mama and you should cherish her. If you have a mom who isn't the greatest then I would say that there must be a woman in your life who possesses the qualities you admire and she is your woman this holiday.



I'm thankful for my woman, little Debbie Cake. I'm thankful God has entrusted me at a young age with three children all very close in age. He clearly has more faith and trust in me than I do. I am thankful for Patrick being a great Dad because it takes a village to raise children.



If you aren't a mother yet then I say enjoy your free time and know that there is no HOOD like that of MotherHOOD!!!!!



Love,

Dana



Enjoy the song below! One of my FAVORITES!!!!!




















1 comment:

  1. So true There is no hood like Motherhood! Not always easy but such blessings

    ReplyDelete