Sunday, May 28, 2017

Eye of the Beholder



I wanted to give this new Bachelorette a try! I was interested to see what type of guy she would be interested in this season. Her first rose went to a guy named Bryan who is a doctor and spoke to her in a foreign language upon meeting her.

They basically had their tongues down each others’ throats right away!! Slow your roll!!

It got me thinking about what makes us be most attracted to someone. Obviously we are visual creatures and our first instinct is to judge appearance before knowing someone. All of those interpretations definitely change for the better or worse after getting to know that person’s personality. I’ve made a very scientific (I’m telling you!!) observation that people tend to marry someone who looks very similar to their facial features.

It is startling when you really pay attention to it. I can usually determine if the couple will last according to their looks and I’m usually not far off base. I guess you tend to be drawn to someone similar to you.

I don’t think Rachel, the bachelorette, will choose Bryan but he is definitely a cutie!

Attraction comes from so much more than appearance, though. For me personally, confidence is key and voice is very important. I was talking with a friend the other day who said a guy was so cute and then he opened his mouth to speak and she said “ooooohhhh okay!”. I definitely feel that a voice can change your opinion quickly before you even listen to the words that they say to you.

                                     
(YES!!!!!)

Confidence is sexy. A quiet confidence. I am instantly turned off by men and women (as friends) if they feel a need to brag to me (if you need to say it then who you trying to convince?) and if they put themselves down to me as well.

I’m not sure what Rachel will want in a mate but I’d imagine someone independent and successful like she is being a lawyer and single lady. I always find passion very attractive in a person. My husband hears often after an interview that he is SO passionate about his job. He definitely is and I love hearing him talk about things he cares a lot about. Passion shows drive and if that person is a go-getter then they will strive to also make their mate happy!

We have a long season so hopefully Rachel will stay true to herself and not get caught up in the easy part of it all but really dig deeper with the guys she has to date. Wouldn’t it be fun and nerve wracking to be in her shoes?
Let me know your thoughts. I REFUSE each year to look at the final pick but I’m going to say that I believe she will choose…

 or

either Eric or Peter…strictly due to my research of the face. I say the high cheek bones and the space between the teeth due to me not knowing much about their personalities yet. Who does she chose? Who do you like? I might change my mind on that prediction next week but I’m sticking to it for now.

AND my  husband shaved his head last night (well we both shaved his head)…but I wanted him to. He was losing his hair and made it a few weeks shy of 30. Of course he blames me for the hair loss but he knew what he was getting into with a girl like me. Or it could just be due to us having 3 small children! Some days it is crazy, ya’ll! But regardless I think he looks super handsome.  I LOVE rubbing the shaved head. Love is in the eye of the beholder :)

Have an awesome weekend!
Xoxo,
DBH

No comments:

Post a Comment