Saturday, June 17, 2017

Fine Wine





Like a fine wine, we get better with age.



I believe it. I think each passing year gets better and better. Last night Patrick celebrated 30! I'm proud of him for all he has accomplished to be only 30. I've heard a woman is her absolute best at 40. I'd believe that. I turn 30 next month and I'm excited about it. I think part of getting older is you know what you want and you don't really give a crap what anyone thinks. I feel more at peace and learned that some things can't be hoped. You can't change people and you learn to accept things and avoid some things like the plague. With age comes wisdom, for most! God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy!!





This meme of Patrick just slays me. He has changed a lot since that 11 year old I met!!



We enjoyed our family vacay the other week but we also really enjoyed our time alone together. We talked a lot about what is in store for our family over the next year. We just lowered the price on our home hoping to sell it faster. I'm not quite sure why it hasn't sold. I really do believe it is all God's timing. I can't see any other reason. This time has given me more time to reflect and to look up house plans and to come to the realization that we want our children to go to Rock Hill schools (the good thing about Charter schools!!) and to hopefully continue at our RH church and involvement in York County. It has been a lot to process. We will rent an apartment for a year in RH while we build and we will really take our time to make sure everything is just right with our new, final home. Clearly God has a master plan and I even touched on this at VBS to the children about God's plan for our lives. I don't know his exact plan yet but I am getting a little sick and tired of cleaning and having to look at a for sale sign in the yard. Ok, God?



Anyways, I'm looking forward to the upcoming week because the kiddos are in a day camp and I get some alone time to lounge by the pool each morning (they are wearing me out!!). I've also got to get serious about my exercise routine because I have a photo shoot next month with an awesome fitness photographer. I try to set goals each month. I don't write them down or track anything but it is a mind game really. I told myself in June that I had to win my race in Charleston. I went into it not saying I want to but that I will and I am so proud of myself.


Everything is such a mind game. I love running.

I'm about to move up in the age range for races and you would think that would be a good thing but it actually isn't at all. (You get better with age!!) I looked up the Charleston race times and the 1st place winner for 30-34 was a little faster than me so now I know I have to train even harder..



So cheers to 30! Guess I better enjoy the last few weeks in my 20s! Officially a grown WOMAN when you are in your 30s! Ha! The best is yet to come!!!



xoxo,

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment