Sunday, February 19, 2017

Tan, Tattoo, & Time

What a great week this has been!! Valentine's Day was very fun and Patrick and I managed to squeeze in TWO week night dates alone together which is pretty impressive. I did mention in my last blog about a possible red tattoo so I will share. I got a lot of messages that I teased and never posted a photo of it. I didn't get red but a dark pink. I still can't believe I went through with it and it did hurt really badly. NO MORE but it is done. I guess YOLO (you only live once) but if you do it right then once is enough ; )
(Target swimsuit! Who else is ready for pool and beach days??!!!!)

Speaking of warmer weather...everyone looks better with a little color. I reached out to my facebook and Instagram followers for some advice on what they use. I also tried out my own new product and I love them so far.
I first was not impressed because I thought there was no way these would work but this morning I woke up with a pretty nice tan. I did use three towels but for the price of it being two or three tans for $10 then I'd say that is pretty good.

I definitely will try the other recommendations. Here is a list for all who want to try something new that has good reviews. Jergens Natural Glow Sunless Tanning Mousse, Arbonne's Self Tanner, Rodan and Fields, Ulta Brand Continuous Spray, St. Tropez, and Fake Bake.

I will share more about this as I experiment over the next few months before summer. Either way I'm sunscreening it up because I have had a big scar on my back from a sun spot. I also get my skin checked every 6 months. Do it ladies!

Plus, we want to aim for this goal and that means the sun isn't our friend....Oh Christie!!

Come on ladies! Work what your Mama gave ya!

Time...is there ever enough time in the day? Every day I'm literally chasing my tail. I am really trying to let some things go but it is hard for the perfectionist in me. I can sometimes choose housework over the kids but I need to choose fun with my kids more. Cecilia said this week, "Mommy you are always busy." It really hurt. I do feel that she and I spend a lot of time together reading, talking about girly things and watched the red carpet and beginning of the Grammy's together Sunday night which was beyond hilarious from her perspective. But, I'm still never going to be able to spend enough hours in the day with the three little hams. They are VERY clingy to me. They cry if I EVER leave them and usually cheer right up but they definitely notice when I'm not around. I guess I should just enjoy that because one day they might not notice when I'm not around them. Priorities!
My tattoo is the Leo symbol...a Lion. I am definitely a protector of my family, my love, and all that includes. I think we as women are so hard on ourselves. We tend to hold a lot more pressure and I think a lot of times that is put on by other women. It is tough being a woman...poor Cecilia. I'm glad she is a little spicy...maybe that will help her!


Well I hope everyone enjoys the long weekend. We really enjoyed having our friends with us this weekend. We are going to enjoy a much needed movies in bed kind of Sunday!!



Love from The Thrill, xoxo-D Mama





No comments:

Post a Comment