Monday, February 20, 2017

Lived in & Breaking Rules

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend. It was BEAUTIFUL here this weekend. Seriously spring has sprung....just waiting on the flowers to start.

Two weeks ago, I got my hair cut. Salon days are my favorite. I love to have someone's hands in my hair...ask my husband. He told me if he could hire someone to play with my hair all day he would. (Kath, if you're reading, I want some hair play please when I see you in 2 weeks. HAHA) It seriously gives me endorphins like no other. I usually do a cut and color on separate days... one. because hello its EXPENSIVE. (One thing I do not skimp on is my hair. Never have; never will. I mean when someone stops you to ask who does your hair...you know you are going to the right place.) And two...doing balayage does not require as much upkeep. You can literally get your color done 2x/year depending on what you have.

I have a guy who cuts my hair & a girl who colors, and they are both AMAZING. They are super technical and perfectionists to their craft. We got to talking about hair and how the buzzword for hair these days is "lived in." You see it everywhere...the runway, red carpet, talk shows, etc. Long are the days of super smooth sleek hair in my opinion. Give me a messy wave/curl & LOTS of texture. I think the prettiest looks are those that just look so natural and not so stuffy. I LOVE a soft look.

lip color: Clinique

If you are looking to achieve a soft/undone/lived in look, curl your hair away from your face. Start mid shaft and leave about an inch of hair sticking out the curling iron. Once it's all curled, add some texturizing spray (my absolute favorite, holy grail) & tousle with your hands/fingers. The wind was crazy when I took this so one side had fallen a bit, but then again, isn't that the beauty of the look?

Also, I broke the rules Friday and wore WHITE JEANS. When it's close to 70 and the sun is shining high and it feels and looks like spring...sorry, doing it. One thing I have really come to agree more with is losing those silly rules of when to wear what. I think white jeans should be around for whenever you want to wear them as long as the rest of the outfit works with the season. Style (hair or clothing) is custom to you.



If you have President's Day off, I envy you. I am anxiously counting down the days until I am headed to Asheville for our girl's bachelorette. All of my bff's together & all #living it up....you are bound to have some good content to read in about 2 weeks. HA!

Big Texas love,
Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment