Tuesday, December 6, 2016

End of a Chapter

         I'm so thankful for my babies. When I was in college, I went to the doctor because I was having some pain standing up at the USC football games. She told me that it would be very difficult for me to have children. I was taken back. Children weren't even on my mind. I was 19 years old and knew I wanted quite a few but I was only worried about my classes and the next party I would attend. After getting married, Patrick understood I wanted to try early on in the case that it would take awhile since I have PCOS. I got pregnant quickly with the help of some medicine. I then had a miscarriage early on and feared that would be our future. I was so determined that I ignored the doctors wishes and didn't wait three months to try again. We tried right away and I was pregnant again the next month with Whit!

I thought about all of that today as I packed up the diapers that I no longer need because my third and final baby is potty trained. That is also quite amazing!! I'm excited to end my chapter of late nights, breastfeeding, changing diapers, high chairs, and all that goes along with the younger tots. I'm unbelievably thankful for my sweet Brandon and his determination to master this skill quickly. I never for once take my babies for granted but I'm excited for the next stage of them getting a little more independent and being able to observe their growth. Whit is starting to take showers and told me the other day he is going to marry a little girl named Abby in his class and they will have babies and I will be the grandmother. I'm not quite ready for that chapter son!!!

Christmas is only 20 days away and after that will be the big 2017 and everyone sets goals or expectations for the next year. Our family always has a theme. In the past we had 'Year of Change', 'Year of Fun', 'Year of Simplicity'....I'm not sure what this year was...maybe we forgot to title it, ha ha!

I'm thinking this year may be the 'Year of Health.' That can mean so much. My new girlfriend Sherri, what a sweet heart, has committed to a fitness competition with me in the Fall. I have NO IDEA if I will be ready for that but we are committed to holding each other accountable. Even if I don't get that "look",  it is a great goal for any mom. Patrick is also more committed to his fitness too. He is enjoying working out but it is SO hard because he has to work all day and then come home to all of us! But I think 'health' means more than working out and eating right but focusing on your mental health and happiness. This weekend was the perfect example of that when we could breath in the fresh air and enjoy each other with little distraction.
I am getting better at saying no to things and I think we have become a little more selfish with our time and who we will allow to truly be in our lives. I don't know if that is what we will decide as the "theme" but that is definitely my focus.

I will leave you with a photo we had on our Christmas Card!! I'm already thinking of fun ideas for next year and Prince Rocco can join in!


Make it a great week!

Love,
Dana

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story! I love reading other pcos mamas stories. It's a heart breaking diagnosis but man oh man can God prove it wrong <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know God is the ultimate deciding factor and his timing is perfect and without struggle we would never truly appreciate anything!!!

    ReplyDelete