Saturday, April 15, 2017

Where The Green Grass Grows



It has only been a week since I last blogged and this just confirms that a lot happens in my life in a week. Maybe that is why I never seem to run out of things to write about on this blog. That song is foreshadowing!!!

We just listed our house so I will get to that but on top of that, the kids are all out of school for Spring Break and as much as we would have loved to travel to the beach, it just wasn't in the cards this year. We will be there in a few weeks and we have stayed BUSY. This week has made me very excited and exhausted thinking about the summer. These babies are so much fun. And THANK YOU JESUS, that I get to enjoy it all EVERY day and I will never look back and say I wish I would have spent more time with them doing all the regular things.



So the move...we just listed our house while everyone is out of town for vacation and the Easter holiday. So hopefully once everyone is back in town we can get this house sold. We almost listed a year ago but we just weren't certain about all the logistics and the home we wanted to build.

Patrick and I did a lot of soul searching. We only want to move ONE more time because moving, especially with small children, is HARD. I know my heart is in the country and not in a neighborhood.

I grew up in the country. My parents have 30 acres and all the land in front of them is in a land trust so no one builds on it (TOTAL privacy). Patrick grew up in town but his family has a farm on 400 acres. No one in his family lives on that farm but it is a great getaway because it has a lodge to stay in and it is a slice of country heaven. We both LOVE being outdoors and we LOVE our privacy. It is freeing being out in the country, wide open spaces, trees and room for your children to run and explore. It is definitely the life I want my children to have and where I want them to call home. My parents have always told me that I can have however much land I want of theirs but once I build, I have to stay forever because they don't want neighbors. We had to be sure we would be okay being further from things and to know what house we would be happy with FOREVER. I'm thrilled for the endless opportunities that we have out there for 4-wheeler trails, my boys hunting, building anything we want out there and room to plant large gardens.

So, our plan for now is to build a home and pool on the other side of my parent's land and walking trail to my parents house with lights (you know so we can send the 3 lil hams over when we want to have some quiet time!! (I can already picture those little feet running over to Nene & PauPau's house). It is interesting that Patrick and I are on the same page about everything. I'm pretty good about finding floor plans and photos of what we want and he has good ideas of ways to tweak them to our liking before we sit down with an architect.

I'm a visual person. It is INSANE. My mind works as a slideshow for people, words, everything. So if I don't have a photo in my phone or list of something then it does not exist, basically.

This will be a long process. We will be renting for probably a year. We also have to make big decisions about schools, church, and don't forget my gym!!! HA!

Speaking of which, we are heading to a fitness competition tonight. If I'm ever going to be a bikini competitor (oh man I set some crazy goals) then I need to at least watch the pros and see all the work I have to put into this dream.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Easter. I told Whit, "Lets say a prayer someone wants to buy our house!" He said "Mommy I think God will put who is supposed to live here and we just have to let it happen when it's supposed to." MY MOUTH DROPPED!!! Who are you? Why are you so wise??? I think God was speaking through my child like "listen woman I've gotten you this far...be patient and have faith in my timing!" God's timing isn't always with our timing. We literally listed our house a few days ago but even if it takes awhile, it is all up to God. I'm excited for the journey. I'm excited to embrace the process of moving, renting, building and maybe having to do Christmas a little different than we are used to but we will make fun, simple memories. These are the times you always remember. But, wow, Patrick and I both said we already can't stop thinking about sitting outback with our outdoor kitchen, fireplace, swimming pool, and that pretty country sunset!!! Yes! Goals!

So lets go celebrate our loving, forgiving Savior all weekend and be thankful for all the blessings we have and that he continues to bestow upon us!

Love,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment