Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Dirty, grimy stove grates?! I got you covered!

Happy Wednesday y'all! I recently have been cleaning like a fool. I don't know what it is, but I have dusted, vacuumed, made trips to Goodwill, and just all around have been CRACKED OUT on cleaning.

One thing that always got me, and I could NEVER get clean were my stove grates/cover things. I cook A LOT in my house, and the build up was just bad. I would soak them, spray on all kinds of grease remover, and nothing ever came close! Well, I stumbled upon a trick on Pinterest. Maybe I'm late to the party...please excuse me if I am, but I've just got to tell y'all how EFFORTLESS it is to clean the dirtiest of stoves.

All you need is:
  • Ammonia
  • Gallon size Ziplocs 
Take out your grates if you have a gas stove or the covers if electric. Place each one into its own Ziploc bag and add about  1-3 tablespoons of ammonia. Seal those bags up and let them sit. I did this right before we went to bed and let them sit for about 12-13 hours. The ammonia fumes inside the bag help to break down all the GUNK that's been cooked on there for who knows how long?!

This morning, once I removed them from the bags and put them in hot soapy water to soak for about an extra 30 minutes or so. I wiped them down with a sponge, rinsed with hot water and BOOM! Clean stove covers!!


I don't have a before picture of the dirty ones, but I do have the after picture above and then a picture of one of the bags. YUCK!


Work smarter, not harder! 

I am going to try this also on some of my cookie sheets. Let me know if it works for you!

**NOTE** 
Do NOT mix ammonia with bleach. Or really any other kitchen cleaning supplies. I would try to do this in a well ventilated area.

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

xoxo,
Cleaning Lady Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment