Friday, April 7, 2017

Food & Fancy Dresses on Friday

Some nights when I'm eating solo and the kids usually don't like what I eat, I will just toss a chicken breast in the crockpot and throw something on it and add in some rice or a salad. My husband will have presentations or County Council meetings a few times a month. I'm very blessed that on the average day he is home to us by 5 or 5:30.

One of my very fit friends told me about this recipe. I've enjoyed it many times now. I will grab a sweet potato (usually the prepackaged and washed ones) and put a breast in the crockpot with buffalo sauce for a few hours so I can shred it. I put the shredded chicken inside the potato (no butter or brown sugar allowed!) and I cover it with Greek yogurt dressing. It is very healthy, high in protein! Try it sometime! I have in the past also put buffalo sauce and greek yogurt on my chicken and let it cook and it is YUMMY too!!! (Are you sensing a trend? I like buffalo sauce!)

I try to eat healthy but it can be hard with 3 little ones who eat a lot of...well junk!

I love making them cute fun foods! It is a fun little hobby and I hope these are the things they remember from their childhood.
The kids made some fun memories this past weekend at my in-laws. I'm so glad they have grandparents close by so that they grow with a great relationship to them all.

Patrick and I went to an event and OF COURSE, I had an off the shoulder dress. My mom and I have a Gala coming up so I vow it will NOT be an off the shoulder look, haha. Although, I LIKE it. lol


Cecilia and I hit up South Park Mall in Charlotte last night. We had a BALL. Besides that awkward moment when she went to pay for her shoes and said "Mommy she is WEIRD," right in front of the sales associate. (Of course I explained that was rude and we are all different!). But, she always has lots of questions. Mom, why does this dress have a rip in it? It is messed up! I had to explain what a slit in a dress was and that it was part of the way it was designed and it helps when you walk and dance. She helped pick out many dresses for me to try on and gave her advice on. Below you will see the final options. I won't reveal which one I chose but I'd love to hear which was your favorite! I loved them all for different reasons!


I literally could get dressed up ALL the time! Ah, maybe in my next life!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend! Whit is heading to a sleepover at a friend's house tonight. It is only his second sleepover but I'm confident it will go well. He is a good kid.

See you next week!

Much Love,

Dana






No comments:

Post a Comment