Thursday, June 30, 2016

My First Stitch Fix Experience

After hearing rave reviews from my girls, Haley & Rachel, I decided to try out Stitch Fix. I signed up within a few minutes and went through a process of rating pictures of outfits, answering questions about my bra measurement- dress size- pant size and writing a letter to my personal stylist about future events and more information about my life to assist in her selections for My 1st Fix. In my notes to the stylist I said:

I recently had a baby and I am returning to work in the next month. I'm losing all of the baby weight pretty quickly so far and I am really looking forward to updating my wardrobe now that I am not in maternity clothes. My company's attire has changed from casual to business professional and I will do some light traveling to visit clients. Normally I would throw on a dress and go since I can't stand putting outfits together & takes too much time in the morning.

I then scheduled My First Fix to arrive this week before I left for a wedding in Charleston and starting work next week. My Stitch Fix box arrived on Tuesday morning and I immediately ran upstairs and ripped open the package. I received a dress, skirt, and three blouses with a cute little note and style guide.








If you are anything like me new clothes give you the same feeling as Christmas morning and my mom ingrained in me to try on all of the news clothes and model it for her. So I proceeded to have my own fashion show and since my husband was not home I sent all of the photos to Haley for her opinion.

Cute dress but not a great fit for my "mom body" 

Paired with a blazer for business wear per my Fix Stylist. Liked this a lot more but not willing to pay $68

Loved this top and the fit but have one pretty similar

By far my favorite top from the selection and a little different pattern than I would normally pick out  in the store. 

Loved this tribal patterned skirt but have a very similar skirt.  

 After reviewing the prices of each of the items I decided to only keep one of the blouses and sent everything else back. I'm an extremely thrifty shopper and can usually find clothes around $20-$40 an item. Probably part of the reason why I want to revamp my wardrobe. If I would have purchased all 5 items from Stitch Fix each item would have been $38 but I didn't love the way everything fit. In your Stitch Fix box you are provided a return mail bag so I placed the 4 items in a dropped it in the mail and then logged into the website to complete the checkout process. When you log in it takes you directly to the checkout area and you rate each of the items and select Keep or Return.

 Once you rate each of the five items it calculates your total and then you process the purchase. Immediately you are sent a receipt and brought to the window below for more feedback.
Overall, I loved my "First Fix" and thought the quality of the clothes were very well made and would last a long time. My favorite part of my purchase was the style guide that was provided and it gave me some inspiration on how to make the clothes I currently have in my closet work until I receive my next Stitch Fix box in the mail. If you decide to try out Stitch Fix let us know how it works for you :)

Hope everyone has a FUN & SAFE 4th of July Weekend!

Love,
Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment